Wednesday, April 25, 2012

talent not wasted

Two days ago, I was turned down for a job. It seemed like the perfect fit - I was bummed and the rejection hurt. Yet, to be honest, I wasn't sure I could handle working from home part-time and also being a full-time mother/wife/homemaker. A good friend reminded me that "God knows" and I'm trusting that He is guiding. I read this passage this morning: "Yet [she] did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in [her] faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised" (Romans 4:20-21).

My talents are not being wasted. This is not just a holding pattern until the ideal "job" comes around. Oh no. This is Kingdom work, right here in the Parsonage.

*  The same capacity that allowed me to juggle multiple tasks from multiple bosses, now assists me in simultaneously watching JD, doing laundry, paying bills online, and putting dinner in the crockpot.

*  The same ability it took to track business expenses and to arrange scheduling to account for many executives' busy calendars, now helps me keep our budget in line, manage the family calendar, menu plan for the next two weeks, and keep JD on a healthy schedule.

*  The same creativity and perseverance it required to tackle huge filing projects, clean offices and decorate my desk area, now allows me to stay on top of our paperwork filing (mortgage statements, utility bills, insurance papers: you know, the stuff that always piles up), weed the flower beds, rearrange the mantel decor, and do the weekly cleaning tasks.

I am truly blessed to be able to use my talents in this manner and in this venue.
Thank you, Jesus.

Now, will you please excuse me while I fold laundry, take a shower, and cut my toenails before Justus wakes up from his nap.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post, Jana. Amen!!! I love how God uses the past to prepare us for the present (and future). Great perspective. Hope you got everything accomplished that you wanted to before Justus finished his nap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blog post and so so true! Justus has an amazing Mama!

    ReplyDelete