Tuesday, May 29, 2012

On Needing Him

I need you Jesus, to come to my rescue
Where else can I go?
There's no other Name by which I am saved

Capture me with Grace
I will follow You

Oh. my. goodness. How long will it take, how many times will it take for me to learn that I cannot do it on my own. I desperately need Jesus. I NEED Jesus.

need: the fact or an instance of feeling the lack of something; a requirement; necessity or obligation; extreme poverty or destitution (World English Dictionary)

My life without Jesus . . . I definitely feel the lack of Him.
He is a requirement to living this Christian-life.
A necessity. An obligation--I am bound to Him and cannot make do without Him.
Without Him, I am in a place of extreme poverty and destitution.

Probably for the one-hundredth time, I am re-realizing that I need Jesus. All of Jana's valiant efforts are not enough. I cannot conjure up goodness or try hard enough to make my life work.

He is necessary to me.

necessary: true under . . . all possible circumstances; determined to be true by its meaning, so that its denial would be self-contradictory; essential, so that without it its subject would not be the entity it is; always yielding a true conclusion (logic definitions, World English Dictionary)

Jesus is true under all possible circumstances.
Jesus is determined to be true simply by His meaning/being, so that denying Him is self-contradictory.
Jesus is essential, so that without Him I would not be the person He made me to be.
Jesus always yields a true conclusion.

I need Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you Jana. I need Jesus too! Love you, my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need Jesus. And ironically not remembering we need Him is part of the reason we need Him. Loved the 24/7 quote Ian used Sunday. I am hanging up 24/7 - so I remember I need to call on the Holy Spirit's power 24/7 in all things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post, Jana! Been realizing how much I need Him too... <3

    ReplyDelete