Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Tired Story

True story.
From when I was deep in the throes of new-baby-no-sleep tiredness.
I got up late one night (early morning?) to feed a crying baby, yet again, the every-three-hour cycle that never ended. And I thought the door to our bedroom was open, but Bryce must have closed it. We have a mirror on the back of the door. As I started to walk through what I thought was an open door, I saw a person approaching me and my brain told myself that someone was in our house. I startled and backed up quickly (who knew I could move so fast) and made a very scared sound--so scared that Bryce came flying up out of bed to put his arms around me. My brain immediately righted itself and I realized that it was only me in the mirror, but my heart was beating fast nonetheless. Yes, myself in the mirror scared me.
It was funny in the morning.

I wanted to remember that so I thought I would post about it here. :-)
And hopefully someone gets a chuckle out of it.

In other news, THIS ARTICLE is a must read.
Amen, sister.

2 comments:

  1. BAHAHA!!!! Love this! :)

    And, AMAZING article! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jana! Thanks for posting. I'm pretty sure I've scared myself in the mirror before too... or at least with my own shadow. It's amazing how our minds can trick us so easily. Hope you're getting much more sleep these days! :)

    ReplyDelete