* It's the best when JD sees me walk into the room: he smiles and his eyes light up with recognition.
* Loving his time on the floor mat....rolling over, pushing himself up on his knees and small scoots forward. He's all over the place.
* Hair is getting noticeably longer and a bit darker.
* June 17.....finally slept through the night for the first time in a long time.
* June 18.....naps started clicking again.
* And as of today, he has slept through the night, from 8ish p.m. to 6:30ish a.m. for 12 nights in a row! Mom loves this new development!
* Started supplementing with formula on June 9 and there has been a noticeable increase in chubbiness and good-natured-ness. Mama wasn't producing enough milk...so we thank the Lord for formula.
* Playing peek-a-boo with Daddy leads to lots of giggles and smiles.
* Loving the chubby knees and ticklish thighs and chubby little arms and bigbrowneyes and talking gurgles.
* Anything and everything goes in the mouth, which can include (but is not limited to) both fists, a toy, and the burp rag....all at the same time. And JD definitely found his thumb. A few times I've found him at the end of nap time just hanging out on his back, sucking on his thumb.
* Mom and baby like to spend time outside in the afternoon on a blanket in the shade (when it's not too hot). Justus loves this and gets so happy, looking up at the leaves on the tree and watching the dog run around.
* The entire family (dog included) spent time at the park last week. Hiked and then lay on a blanket under a tree to read and kick (parents & child, respectively).
* JD found his toes. When he first started touching them, the faces were so cute. It looked like he was thinking: what is this?
* After-nap snuggles are the best! Sometimes Bryce and I race up the stairs to see who can get to Justus first. And, yes, Bryce usually (read: always) wins.
Are you ready for picture overload?
|Just hanging out after a bath...|
|Yes, that is spit-up all over his face. And yes, I did take a picture before cleaning him up.|
|Hanging out with Dad at the fire station on Father's Day.|
|Afternoon blanket time (with iced coffee, of course).|
|Look at the those knees.....he'll be crawling before we know it....|
|He won't lay still anymore....Mr. Squirmy|