Justus Daniel grins in recognition whenever I walk into the room, and actually seems to be a little worried when I'm not visible. I love it how Justus lights up whenever Bryce comes home. Bryce has taught Justus to look up at the light when he says "light"--the most precious thing ever. Just this past weekend, he discovered a new silly face. What a goofy little guy; I think we may have a future "ham" on our hands. Lately, his favorite toy is the dog's bone, especially when the dog is chewing on it. JD will crawl over and steal the bone, Parson steals it back and moves to another room, JD follows him and steals the bone again . . . and then I come to the rescue and return the slimy bone to the dog.
JD's day looks pretty much like this:
- Wake up between 7 - 7:30am
- Eat 3-4 tablespoons of cereal plus fruit (applesauce, banana, or melon, usually) and drink 8 oz of formula
- Play, play, play
- Nap time around 9am and sleep until 10:30 - 11am
- Drink 8 oz of formula
- Play some more or maybe run errands with Mama
- Eat 2 ice cubes of butternut squash + 2 ice cubes of broccoli (his current favorite combination) and maybe 2-3 tablespoons of fruit or cereal
- Nap time around 1pm and sleep until around 3:30pm
- Drink 8 oz of formula
- Play, play, play--this may include reading books (which means Mama reads and JD plays/listens), listening to music, bouncing in the exersaucer, going on a walk, running errands, playing on the floor with Dad, etc.
- Eat 3 ice cubes of sweet potato + 2 ice cubes of spinach and then 4-5 tablespoons of cereal
- Play a little more
- Drink 6-8 oz of formula
- Final diaper change and bedtime at 7pm
1. Do not buy onesies with snaps for future babies older than 3 months. It takes forever to try to get a wriggly little boy into one of those!
2. Do not give baby one of his spoons to play with. It did not occur to me that he would then try to play with the one that I was feeding him with!
And now for a slew of pictures from the past month! It's getting a little harder to take them because he moves around so much, but I found a few cute ones.
|Their favorite thing to do together: look outside.|
|Trying a lemon for the first time.|
|Justus and our first Safe Families child, G.|
|We're starting him early . . .|
|Our first faux hawk.|
|This is where Justus spends most of his time these days.|
|New fashion: slippers, diaper, sweater and sunglasses.|
|Looking at the light.|