Thursday, January 17, 2013

2013 Reading List

2013 Reading List

Formational

A Chance to Die - Amy Carmichael

My Utmost for His Highest – Oswald Chambers

Radical Hospitality - Lonni Collins Pratt and Father Daniel Homan

Living Sacrifice - Helen Roseveare

Mere Christianity – C.S. Lewis

Keep a Quiet Heart – Elisabeth Elliot

Let. It. Go. - Karen Ehman

The Power of Words and the Wonder of God – various authors

Gospel Wakefulness - Jared Wilson

Gospel Deeps – Jared Wilson

 
Fun

Les Miserables – Victor Hugo

The Hobbit - Tolkien

 
Family

Dare to Discipline – Dr. James Dobson

Don't Make Me Count to Three – Ginger Plowman

The Meaning of Marriage – Dr. Timothy Keller


Classics

January: Plato’s Republic & Shakespeare’s Julius Ceasar

February: Virgil’s Aeneid & Ovid’s Metamorphoses

March: Augustine’s City of God

April: Beowulf

May: Dante’s Divine Comedy

September:

October:

November:

December:

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That is a lot! And heavy! I have a simplier goal - read 30 minutes to an hour at least 3 weeks a month on a professional or formational book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goals are good! Let's keep each other accountable.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting this list, Jana Alexis! You've inspired me to return to the blogging world (although I'm not sure how frequent my posts will be). I'm planning to write about my 2013 Reading List in my very next post. Can't wait to see you this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited that you'll be blogging again. I'll be your most faithful reader. :)

      Delete