Friday, January 4, 2013

Resolutions....the 2013 rendition

The hush before the start of a new day . . . I'm trying to take a few deep breaths. Workout, shower, and quiet time are done. Three little boys are sleeping peacefully. Bryce is off to work and my mom will show up in about an hour to help me with the extra little ones. Two Safe Families boys, ages 3 years and 16 months, are living with us for awhile and they are a handful. Deep breath. Praise Jesus for quiet early mornings.

I don't always make New Years resolutions, but this year I was feeling inspired and actually worked on a list of goals & dreams for the year. Some are silly--grow my hair out--and some are serious--develop a consistent and doable-for-me quiet time routine. But there is one goal I made specifically for this little bloggy of mine.

I've been writing a blog (this is my 3rd one) for over 6 years now. For me it is a place to remember, reflect and rejoice--an online journal of sorts. A place to keep friends and family far away updated on our family happenings. A place to post home crafty projects. A place to mull over spiritual matters. I love to write and this venue is perfect for me. So I wanted to set a goal that would encourage me to write more often:

At least one blog post every week for a whole year.

That's it. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

Consider this the blog for week #1. And I've got a list of seven topics waiting in the wings. Get excited!

Thanks for coming along on this journey!
Jana Alexis

PS: If you would like to receive my blogs in your e-mail inbox, simply enter your e-mail address into the blank on the right (underneath my picture) and click "submit." You will then need to enter a phrase to confirm your subscrition, and after you receive an e-mail click on the link in the e-mail to confirm once more. Let me know if you need help setting it up!

4 comments:

  1. Exciting - I usually set goals and enjoy it. This year I am using an app to track it that gives me reminders. I also have the goal to work on my blog or writing once per week! Among a few other interval goals related to my passion for nutrition! i.e. take a nutrition course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm. I love the idea of taking a nutrition course. And I'm looking forward to hearing all about what you learn when you take it. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the update, Jana! I'd love to hear about your book lists for the year. Keep those blog posts coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to post about my book list soon!

      Delete