Monday, February 4, 2013

projects: beware, it's a dump!!!

It's a project dump----lots of little home updates to show you! (Small disclaimer: I didn't "stage" these photos at all and took quick shots with my phone so they're not very good quality, but you'll get the idea!)

I made this banner with thick paper, printed letters that I cut out, mod-podge and twine.

This is in the corner of our kitchen. The shutters I found at the Goodwill Outlet and painted green. The wooden plaque is from Ethiopia and the framed picture is a print from an artist I admire and whose blog I read regularly.

We hung a globe in the corner of the library. I just need to find 2 more smaller ones to complete the arrangement. (Excuse the crooked pictures in the background....I think I'll go fix them right now.)

Spices! I was tired of a messy spice cabinet so we got this at Ikea over the summer.

A fun scrapbook paper banner for JD's room. (I made it for decor for his soon-to-arrive cousin's shower, so it's extra special.)


We desperately needed another light for the living room, so I did a lamp and lamp-shade swap (from 3 different rooms in the house), stacked two crates that were catching cobwebs in the garage and called it "done!".
 
This was a Goodwill tray. I spray-painted it white and then free-handed the yellow stripes--just for fun.

I found the coat rack at an antique store in Grabill while I was shopping with my Mom after Christmas. It has a nice rustic look and works perfectly in our laundry room. Now we just need a bench (hint, hint, Bryce).
 
Picture collage in the living room....on one side of the window.....

......and the collage on the other side. Lots of family pictures and nature and some mod-podge.
I don't think I've posted pictures of the new couch yet. It's from Ikea. And I found the floor lamp hanging over the couch for $17 at Goodwill. I was so excited about that find!

2 comments:

  1. I love the spice idea!!! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete