Monday, February 18, 2013

Recipe Roundup

Here are a few online recipes that we've liked lately!

Vegetable Minestrone Soup (I modified this one to cook in the crock-pot and it turned out great)

Lentil Soup

Zesty Crock-pot Shredded Chicken BBQ  (we've made this one twice already)

Oven-Baked Chicken Fajitas (this is one from my sister)

Monkey Bread (classic!)

Mexican Bean & Squash Soup (beware! the chipotle peppers make it super spicy)

One Minute Brownie Mug Cake


And one recipe from my recipe box:

Taco Soup

1 lb. group beef
1 lg onion, chopped
16-oz can Mexican-style tomatoes
16-oz can ranch-style beans
16-oz can whole-kernel corn, undrained
16-oz can kidney beans, undrained
16-oz can black beans, undrained
16-oz can jar picante sauce
Corn or tortilla chips
Sour cream
Shredded cheddar cheese

Brown meat and onions in skillet. Drain.
Combine with all other vegetables and picante sauce in slow cooker.
Cover. Cook on Low 4-6 hours.

Serve with corn or tortilla chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese as toppings.

(Tips: I used dry refried beans instead of "ranch-style beans" and soaked them the night before. I used frozen corn and added it during the last hour of cooking. I added two cans of tomatoes. After mixing, I added water to desired consistency.)

No comments:

Post a Comment