Friday, April 5, 2013

Parsonage Kitchen {week five}

Week Five!
Alternate title: In Love with the backsplash

By this point, we can taste the finish line and it's so exciting to think that we're almost there!

Week Five--what we did:
Completed backsplash installation
Sealed the backsplash
Repainted the stove pieces
Spray painted the light fixture for above the sink
Touched up cabinet paint

I'm trying not to give too much away with the pictures. Final reveal is next!


To make a long, frustrating story short: we had to paint the stove pieces again. I sanded them down with a drill attachment sander and steel wool. Bryce also took a turn sanding them and spray painted again.
I'm not sure that it's a long-term solution for how much they get used, but it works for now.

Counter = project central station. We lived like this for a few weeks.
I was so looking forward to being able to use my massive new counter.

Backsplash and "trim" going in!
 
Just a sneak peek.

It was like one big puzzle and Bryce worked over three days to finish it--he did an amazing job. By far, this turned out to be our favorite aspect of the kitchen. I used a matte finish polyurethane to seal it and brushed on three coats, two hours per coat.

Of course. The JD cute picture. I promise he doesn't live in those PJs.....just happened to be wearing them
for the pictures that I decided to post. :-)
 
Connect to posts from all six weeks:
Before
Week One
Week Two
Week Three
Week Four
Week Six / Reveal!

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly wait to see the final result!!! :)
    By the way, happy birthday, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete