Thursday, April 4, 2013

Parsonage Kitchen {week four}

Week Four!
Alternate title: Full steam ahead!

Week Four--what we did:
Prepped the backsplash
Painted the walls, a soft blue-green!
Painted the crown molding, white
Hung cabinet doors and put on hardware
Tore apart pallets & pressure-washed all of the usable wood
Built three new drawers
Put stove together . . . then took it apart again
Painted "window" opening between kitchen/dining room, dark gray
Touched up paint in the dining room, light gray

Lots and lots of painting work for me this week. And it started to look like a kitchen again, which was very encouraging.


Here's a glimpse of the "crown molding." Bryce built it with a piece of plywood + baseboard molding + 1x2 board + a small piece of "fancy" molding. It's one of my favorite parts of the kitchen.

Serious painting face.
I painted it the same white as the cabinets.

This was a fun day: finally, green paint!!! We've been planning on painting the kitchen green for over a year now and were waiting for the remodel. I wish we did it sooner....it changes the room so much.

It's a "cool" color (blue-based green) instead of the original "warm" yellow, and it just does wonders for the room.
I think you have to see it in person to truly appreciate the change.
This is my favorite view: dark gray, green, white, and black.

Wide angle view! This shows a good shot of the track lighting, crown molding and green walls.


I also painted the opening between the kitchen & dining room dark gray, to match the rest of the
openings (without molding) on the main floor.

Bryce hung the cabinet doors and put on the black hardware.
We "accidentally" found this hardware, on a super cleaning-out sale, when we were just glancing at styles at Lowes.
I had no idea what style I wanted, but this one seemed to work and I couldn't pass up the sale.
We couldn't be happier with how it turned out!


We collected 5 or 6 pallets and it took Bryce almost 2 work days to tear them apart.
That was a big job.
I pressure washed them, and that did wonders for their appearance and usability.
We let them dry for about 3 days in the garage.

Connect to posts from all six weeks:
Before
Week One
Week Two
Week Three
Week Five
Week Six / Reveal!

No comments:

Post a Comment