Tuesday, April 23, 2013

wherever I am "put"

We have no right to judge where we should be put, or to have preconceived notions as to what God is fitting us for. God engineers everything; wherever He puts us our one great aim is to pour out a whole-hearted devotion to Him in that particular work. "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might."
~ Oswald Chambers

Life is crazy. You'll have to ask me sometime about the two foster children living with us, semi-permanently, and the fact that they're 1 and 2 years old.

Yes, my life has changed drastically. No dancing. No extra reading. No house projects or crafts.
It is easy? No. Am I always having a good attitude about it? Not at all (just ask Bryce).
But this O.C. devotional from today is so challenging to me.

Whole-hearted devotion.
For His glory.
That is my aim.
Wherever I am "put."

(Notice I said "aim." Pretty far off the mark at this point but God is faithful and gracious.)

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, Jana! Trusting that He will give you the extra grace and strength for each day.

    ReplyDelete