Friday, March 14, 2014

Silas::3 months-ish

Oh, dear Silas Fredric.

He's about 3 and a half months old and just as sweet as can be. Justus did pretty well with the sleep-scheduling as an infant but Silas is rocking it. He slept through the night at 8 weeks and has been a champ ever since. Right now his during-the-day schedule is an hour and 15 minutes awake (that includes eating and playing) and then sleeping for two hrs and 15 minutes (a repeating 3.5 hour schedule). I usually have to wake him up from naps to eat. His last feeding is between 8:30-9:30 p.m. and then he sleeps until 7-7:30 a.m. Can't complain!

Maybe it's because he's our second child and I'm feeling a bit more sentimental, but I didn't move Silas upstairs until 12 weeks (whereas we moved JD at 3 weeks). I just couldn't bear to have him that far away from me. But, it was a healthy move and Bryce and I enjoy having our room back.

Silas likes to:
* suck his fist, quite forcefully and with lots of noise
* follow JD around the room with his eyes and slow head turns
* kick, kick, kick!
* be tickled by Mama--he really is quite ticklish and his little giggle is just adorable!
* be snuggled by Daddy before bed
* give lots of big smiles and "coo" and "gurgle"
* sleep in the car

Still has those blue eyes. And they are really blue, a light blue. (JD's were already brown by this point.) Will they stay? A few more months will tell.

It took Silas awhile to smile. But now he does it all the time and without much coaxing.

Still not a fan of "tummy time." I really need to put him on his stomach more often, but it's just no fun when he gets so upset.

He's so chunky and I just love it. Squishing his thighs. Kissing his cheeks. The rolls in his arms. I could just squish and kiss him all day long. He's a big boy--I'm guessing at least 14 pounds. Some 3 months clothes are getting a little small. My big boy. Stay little just a while longer, okay?

Silas Fredric was dedicated at Eagle Church on February 23, 2014, his 12 week birthday. Great-grandpa Donald Frederick Langebartels was also there and met his namesake for the first time. It was a special morning with family, small group friends who also dedicated their children, and an afternoon with my parents and Chris. Bryce and I were dedicated as well--amen, may God enable us as parents to our sweet Silas.

(Pictures are in order by date.)

At the doctor's office








Look at the wonderful chubbiness!


This is what happens whenever I put him on his belly






With Great-Grandma, Mema

Someone was ready to go home, but still wanted to capture a moment
with the great-grandparents

With Grandpa Eberly

Dedication Sunday


Smiles for Bryce while "FaceTiming"


1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that he's doing such a GREAT job with the sleep schedule. Love the pics, love the blue eyes... wish I could give him a little squeeze! So glad that you do these updates! :)

    ReplyDelete