Wednesday, December 10, 2014

{Advent} Jesus is our Wonderful



Jesus is our Wonderful
“For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given . . . 
And He will be called Wonderful . . .” (Is. 9.6)

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, 
God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him 
who called you out of darkness into His Wonderful Light. (1 Pet. 2.9)

His Word is Wonderful

Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in Your law. (Ps. 119.18)

Your statutes are wonderful; therefore I obey them. (Ps. 119.129)


His Plans are Wonderful

Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You and praise Your name, for in perfect faithfulness You have done wonderful things, things planned long ago. (Is. 25.1)

All this also comes from the Lord Almighty, whose plan is wonderful, whose wisdom is magnificent. (Is. 28.29)

His Works are Wonderful

Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts. (1 Chron. 16.9)

Let them give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds for mankind . . . (Ps. 107.8, 15, 21, 31)

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Ps. 139.14)

When He [Jesus] said this, all His opponents were humiliated, but the people were delighted with all the wonderful things He was doing. (Luke 13.17)


His Ways are Wonderful

You [God] asked, ‘Who is this that obscures My plans without knowledge?’ Surely I [Job] spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. (Job 42.3)

My heart is not proud, Lord, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. (Ps. 131.1)

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. (Ps. 139.6)


All praise to Jesus! 
Truly His word, His plans, His works and His ways are wonderful, 
almost too wonderful for us to comprehend. This Christmas season we 
meditate on our Wonderful Jesus

___________________
More advent posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment