Friday, February 13, 2015

loving in the light

Bryce and I were jamming to some country music this morning. (And, I admit, there was some line dancing involved.) Later, as I listened to my Lady Antebellum Pandora station, I realized many of songs are centered around the night time.  let's sneak away in the dark.  let's hang out tonight.  let's pretend it's going to be night forever.   let's enjoy ourselves while the evening lasts.   let's pretend the morning will never come. 

But real life happens in the morning, in the light.


When the heightened emotions and deep shadows fade away, what then?
Will the love remain?

Does he love me with my crazy morning hair?
Will we care for each other at the breakfast table?
Do we work together through the long daylight hours?
Will I love him in the patience-testing afternoons?


Faithfulness when we truly see the other.
This is true love.
Love in the Light.

The path of the righteous is like the morning sun,
shining ever brighter till the full light of day.  Prov 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment