Friday, October 30, 2015

TAKING STOCK

 - - - - - - - - - -
A fun list found at The Art in Life blog. 

Making: Pretty soon here I'll be making D's last bottle of the day and then he's off to sleep for the night. Here's to hoping that he isn't awake at 1:30 a.m. because of a stuffed-up nose like last night.
Cooking: Taco soup for dinner. It's the easiest, yummiest recipe--just throw it in the crock-pot and you're good to go.
Drinking: Lots of hot drinks these days. Current favorites: coffee, lemon tea and spiced chai tea.
Reading: You and Me Forever by Francis and Lisa Chan. We're studying this book in our life group and it is good. I can't recommend highly enough. Gospel-centered marriage. This is where it's at.
Wanting: A good pair of black flats. Why are they so elusive? Oh, I didn't mention that I would like to spend around $15. That's probably why I can't find any.
Looking: For some new crochet patterns. My fingers are itching to get back at it again. Anyone need a scarf?
Playing: With a cranky baby who keeps trying to touch my computer keys while I'm typing. Yay for teething, a cold, and constipation all at the same time....poor little guy.
Wasting: Time on Instagram these days. Why is it so addicting? Beautiful pictures and photos of life....I just can't get enough.
Sewing: Hmmm. Not much to report here. I'm working on an advent calendar project with felt pieces and wood. Does that count?
Wishing: That my husband didn't have to go back to work tomorrow.
Enjoying: Having my husband home all week. It's like a stay-cation. Except none of my cooking / housekeeping / laundry duties ceased.....so, not like a stay-cation at all. But it was nice nonetheless.
Waiting: For Christmas. Okay....I can wait. But I just love trying to think of a perfect/unique gift. Already have some fun ideas for the boys and I can hardly wait to see their faces.
Liking: The TV show "The Mysteries of Laura." New favorite.
Loving: Watching my boys each sit on a black chair in the library and "read" tonight. They were running around crazy after dinner and Bryce told them to go find books and sit quietly. It was adorable.
Marveling: At The Hope that is an anchor for my soul. And His mercies are new every morning. (They are not necessarily new for next week yet--I can't try to handle everything at once. Sometimes I can only cling to Him for tomorrow morning.)
Needing: Some of that pumpkin bar with cream cheese icing that's in the fridge. I'm thinking it would pair well with some decaffeinated earl gray tea.
Wearing: Probably something black/white/gray/blue/teal/pink. After I seriously cleaned out my closet a couple of weeks ago, I discovered that all of my favorite clothes were in the same color family.
Following: The Small Things Blog. She's my favorite blogger and stranger Instagram feed (as in, I don't know her personally but I sure like reading what she writes).
Noticing: That it looks a lot like winter. And, I know I'm in the minority, but that makes me pretty happy. Winter is my favorite.
Thinking: About what fitness goal to set next. A 5K in January or February? That means lots of cold runs. Not sure I'm up for that.
Feeling: Lots of feelings this week. We're learning more about little D's case and there are so many unknowns. It's quite overwhelming at times. 
Knowing: God is sovereign. And that's enough for me tonight.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I have lots of responses... Maybe we should just do coffee soon buy in the meantime
    Love making Taco soup.
    Payless is my cheap go to for flats or Kohls or Target for clearance.
    Love hot drinks right now, not drinking as much water as I should because of it!
    Last stay-cation was not a vacation...I was Really sick and a hurt dog. So the idea needs to redeem itself or its not happening again.
    Don't like winter, glad somebody does. Going to try to run twice a week outdoors and once a week on treadmill. You can come use our treadmill.
    Poor D with congestion etc. Sweetest little guy.
    Anchor on my leg is a daily reminder of that verse.
    Do the polar 5k with me January 1.
    Instagram and pics love way more than FB. I'll have to check out her instagram.
    Learning more about trust, thinking on the verse He will never leave me nor forsake me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I watch Mysteries of Laura too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for all of the responses. :-)
      I found some shoes at Payless!
      Thanks for the treadmill offer.
      It's a good possibility for that 5K!

      Delete
  2. This is so fun, Jana! I love hearing about your life like this. Thanks for sharing it. :-)
    My current fitness goal: to be more consistent with ANY kind of working out...and I'd love to work on flexibility
    Also, if you're seriously itching to make a scarf, I'd love one! :D

    ReplyDelete