Wednesday, August 10, 2016

ON BEING A FOSTER MOM - PART 2

- - - - - - - - - -

Motherhood isn't the absence of other desires

Let me preface this by setting the record straight that I do love being a mother and I am so honored to be able to stay home with my children. However, I feel some assume of me that I do this because of a lack of / disinterest in other ambitions and desires. That couldn't be further from the truth! Embracing my current role as a mother and staying home full-time has most certainly involved a laying-down of my own "life plan" (whatever that is/was).

I loved being a career woman. I loved going to the office every day. I loved traveling and dancing and playing music on Sunday mornings. Many of those things I miss very much.

But this season God has asked me to do something different--something hard, something that looks a little more like cross-bearing. These days are for training children and opening our home for Bible studies and singing silly songs in the kitchen and doing endless loads of laundry--all for the glory of God.

Resources that have encouraged me in this season:
"The Ministry of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson
Sarah Parshall Perry on Chris Fabry Live! radio show (author of "Mommy Needs a Raise")



No comments:

Post a Comment