Wednesday, November 23, 2016

I AM the Bread of Life

- - - - - - - - - -

Jesus' "I AM" Statement #1
I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE
John 6:35 & 48


Jesus is Sufficient
* He fills me up; no other soul-food is needed. *

"He who comes to Me will never go hungry, and he who believes in Me will never be thirsty" (John 6:35). "For My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life" (John 5:40).



Jesus Satisfies
* He quenches my deepest soul-longings and hungers. *

"I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world" (John 6:51).



Jesus Sustains
* He keeps me full for the long-haul (i.e. eternity). *

"Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood . . . has eternal life, I will raise him up on the last day, remains in Me and I in him, will live because of Me, will live forever . . ." (John 6:54-58).


No comments:

Post a Comment